Monday, February 2, 2009

Cheap date night

Got a tip from my friends at the Ram that this Saturday there is a beer release happening at the Stone House.  $10 for "samples" of three brews (last time ended up being 20 ouncers until the kegs ran dry) and a pretty decent buffet.  I believe it begins at 5pm.  Biking down with my wife and some BFF's to wash away the hangover I'm sure I will be wallowing in after an evening with Red Fang.  The last release was for the crushingly smooth, silently devastating Lost Reindeer, easily my second place winter beer to Sierra Nevada's Celebration.  There was a whiskey-barrel aged IPA, a nice dry stout and  a very drinkable pale ale in addition to the seasonal.  I have to allow that the Ram is not a place I choose to eat very often, but damn it's hard to pass by without stopping in on the brewers to see what's on tap and what's to come, the specialty brews are so damn good.  These guys have supported all of our events one way or another, and a ten-spot is a no-brainer to ride down and support them.  See you there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love. Hope to see many bike faces there.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a solid tip...
Thanks